There is a significant number of cases wherein home care is rendered primarily by a more capable member of the family. They’re not doing it professionally, and cannot receive compensation. The good news is – elders can officially hire their relative to become their home attendant in New York so they can earn money as well while taking care of their loved ones.

That is made possible by the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, in which an enrolled person can receive financial assistance that can be used to compensate a caregiver. It is a program under Medicaid.

To qualify for CDPAP, the applicant must be enrolled in a Medicaid plan and must need home care. Also, the applicant must be directing or planning his or her home care. Alternatively, he or she can also be eligible if they have a representative or a family relative with the capability to direct home care.

If you need help with planning and rendering home care in Brooklyn, New York, give us a call at Ideal Home Health. We can help you design the ideal treatment plan for your aging-in-place needs.